Frequently Asked Questions
Have you been in an accident and have questions about Lee’s collision repair process, insurance, or estimates?
If you have a question that isn’t answered on this page, give us a call!
WILL LEE'S COLLISION CENTER WORK WITH MY INSURANCE COMPANY?
Yes, we work with all insurance companies with no exclusions. We also accept customer pay jobs.
WILL MY INSURANCE COMPANY SELECT THE AUTO BODY REPAIR SHOP FOR ME?
Depending on your policy, your insurance company may require an initial estimate from one of their preferred auto body repair shops. However, consumers always have the right to choose the shop that completes the collision repair on their vehicle. Choose a repair shop that you trust for your car!
WILL MY INSURANCE COMPANY REQUIRE ME TO PROVIDE MULTIPLE ESTIMATES FOR REPAIRING MY VEHICLE?
Multiple estimates are no longer required by insurance companies.
WHEN IS MY DEDUCTIBLE DUE?
Your deductible is due when the repairs are completed and vehicle is ready for pick-up. The deductible is paid to the shop.
WHAT SHOULD I DO IF I HAVE STORM DAMAGE TO MY VEHICLE?
If you have storm damage, report it to your insurance company and take pictures. If you have comprehensive coverage, then storm damage will be covered under your policy. If you are unsure, most insurers provide policy information online, or you can call your insurance agency. The insurance company may send a representative to give an estimate. If so, please bring the estimate in with the vehicle. If the vehicle is not drive-able, please call the Lee’s Collision to arrange a tow.
WHAT SHOULD BE INCLUDED IN MY REPAIR ESTIMATE?
Your estimate will include an itemized list of repairs, a claim number, the name of your insurance company, and any deductibles that may apply.
HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE TO GET AN ESTIMATE?
Estimates usually take 15-30 minutes, unless the vehicle requires any disassembly.
WILL IT COST ANYTHING TO GET AN ESTIMATE?
Estimates are always free.
DO I NEED TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT TO DROP BY FOR AN ESTIMATE?
No appointment needed, but it is best to contact the shop with any insurance company information first.
DO YOU PROVIDE A TOW SERVICE?
Yes, we partner with a towing service for 24-hour towing, anywhere and anytime you need it. Call Lee’s Collision if you need a tow, and we’ll arrange one for you.
WILL I HAVE TO PAY FOR TOWING?
No, the shop will pay the tow bill. Once an estimate is completed the tow bill will be added to the estimate so the insurance company will reimburse the shop.
SHOULD I DRIVE MY VEHICLE AFTER THE ACCIDENT OR HAVE IT TOWED?
When in doubt, have it towed! A damaged car may not be safe to drive, and it is very likely you will make the damage worse by driving the vehicle. If you have any doubts, call Lee’s Collision and we’ll assist you.
Warranty and Repair Process
DOES LEE'S COLLISION CENTER OFFER A WARRANTY ON THEIR WORK?
Yes, we provide a lifetime warranty on all work we perform for as long as you own the vehicle. We follow a manufacturer’s warranty on parts.
WHAT SHOULD I CONSIDER IN SELECTING A BODY SHOP FOR MY VEHICLE?
- Find a shop before you need one – Most people look for a body shop after their vehicle has been damaged. The inconvenience of having no vehicle often leads to hasty choices. Look for a repair shop before you need one. Look online or in the Yellow Pages, ask friends where they got their cars repaired and if they were happy with the results. Then check with consumer agencies such as the Better Business Bureau to see if the recommended shops have a good reputation.
- Inspect the shop first – First impressions are usually the right impressions. Although body repair is a messy business, the shop should still look organized and have a neat appearance. Ask if they are certified in advanced collision repair training by such National organizations as I-Car and ASE. It is also a good idea to check for membership in the BBB.
- See what they are fixing – Look in the repair bays and check to see what’s parked out back. If you notice that the shop in only fixing “beaters”, and not new cars, it may be an indication that they do low priced “quick and dirty” repairs.
- Ask questions – Performing a quality repair job on today’s vehicles requires the use of some pretty sophisticated equipment. Ask if the shop has a unibody frame repair machine and measuring equipment, MIG welders, a dust free paint room and personnel trained in the latest repair techniques. Also, ask if they have experience in repairing your type of vehicle. body shops often specialize on a particular type of vehicle or body repair.
- Price isn’t everything – Don’t pick your repair shop by price alone. Different shops often give very different bids on the same repair. Low prices may indicate that the shop has not properly assessed vehicle damage or that it specializes in quickie repair jobs. Ask the estimator to explain why the quote is significantly lower than those provided by other shops.
- OEM vs Replacement parts – There are three categories of repair parts: 1- OEM (original equipment manufacture) parts are made by the vehicle manufacturer or one of its certified suppliers. 2 – Aftermarket or non OEM parts are made by various body parts suppliers not endorsed by the vehicle manufacturer. Many aftermarket parts meet original factory specifications but some may not fit your vehicle properly. 3 – Used parts are taken off vehicles previously wrecked or otherwise scrapped. If undamaged, these parts will fit as good as new parts. On some older vehicles, using used parts is often the only alternative as OEM parts may be discontinued. Ask the shop which category of parts they are recommending and why. Repair parts for your vehicle should equal in quality to those installed when the vehicle was built.
- Ask about a Warranty – A reputable repair shop will stand behind its repairs by offering a warranty. The length of the warranty will vary from 30 days to lifetime and covers the labor, materials used and installation. The actual parts installed will be covered by the manufacturer’s warranty.
WHAT CAN I EXPECT DURING THE REPAIR PROCESS?
While every repair is different, the shop will work closely with you to keep you up to date on repairs and or delays or supplemental damages. Lee’s will handle any supplemental damages on your vehicle with your insurance company.
MY FRAME IS BENT. CAN LEE'S COLLISION CENTER REPAIR MY VEHICLE?
Yes! We use a state-of-the-art frame measuring system to locate the damage, along with the best Car-O-Liner frame repair equipment to complete the repairs and restore your car to its factory design.
DOES LEE'S COLLISION CENTER DO ALL THE COLLISION REPAIR WORK IN-HOUSE?
All body, structural, mechanical, and paint processes are done in house. Our paint process from color tint to final polishing are all done in house with the use of PPG’s state of the art water base refinishing system. We also work closely with the manufacturers with reprogramming and calibration procedures when necessary.
HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE TO REPAIR MY VEHICLE?
This depends on the severity of the damage to the vehicle. If the damage is minor, such as dent repair, the repair will be done in as little as two days. For more complex repairs, repairs could take longer. The length of repairs is calculated from the repair estimate and closely monitored, and will be communicated with you.
HOW WILL I KNOW WHEN MY VEHICLE IS COMPLETE?
We’ll contact you via text or phone, according to your preference, as soon as your repair is complete to arrange a time for you to come by and pick up your vehicle.
WHAT IF ADDITIONAL DAMAGE IS DISCOVERED AFTER THE ORIGINAL ESTIMATE?
Lee’s Collision Center handles modifying the original estimate and working with your insurance company, and obtaining authorization for the additional work required. Some collisions are more involved than others. Many times, a vehicle will sustain damages that are hidden or unnoticeable at first. These damages are usually found after disassembly, and this new damage is handled directly with the insurance company. The shop completes a damage report and submit this to the insurance company.
CAN LEE'S COLLISION CENTER REPAIR MY FOREIGN/LUXURY CAR?
Yes, we offer repair services on all foreign and domestic vehicles excluding some exotic vehicles.
DOES LEE'S COLLISION CENTER REPAIR MOTORCYLES?
Not at this time. Lee’s Collision specializes in vehicle collision repair.
I HAVEN'T BEEN IN AN ACCIDENT, BUT I WOULD LIKE TO REPLACE THE PAINT ON MY CAR. WILL LEE'S COLLISION CENTER PAINT MY CAR?
Lee’s Collision Repair specializes in collision repair, so we don’t offer services for all over or custom paint jobs, but only offer paint services inside of collision repair.
HOW LONG DOES THE PAINT TAKE TO DRY?
Our paint process requires the top coat to be heat cured or baked. This take approximately 30 minutes. Once this procedure is complete the paint is dry to the touch and can be washed and handled. There is a cure time to be able to apply a coat of wax to the newly refinished areas of 30 days.
IF MY VEHICLE IS PAINTED DURING THE REPAIR PROCESS, HOW LONG SHOULD I WAIT BEFORE I WASH AND WAX MY VEHICLE? CAN I USE A COMMERCIAL CAR WASH?
You can wash your car immediately as mentioned in prior answer. However never run you vehicle thru a auto car wash as this will damage the surface and is not covered under your warranty. A cure time of 30 days is required before you may apply wax to the repaired area of the vehicle.
CAN LEE'S COLLISION CENTER MATCH THE PAINT COLOR?
Yes, Lee’s Collision Center can exactly match the paint on your car. We have the very best paint match process offered by PPG. Lee’s Collision is PPG Certified as well.
WHAT ARE THE HOURS FOR LEE'S COLLISION CENTER? ARE YOU OPEN ON WEEKENDS?
Lee’s Collision Center is open Monday thru Friday, 8am-5:30pm. We are not open on weekends.
WHAT METHODS OF PAYMENT DOES LEE'S COLLISION CENTER ACCEPT?
Lee’s Collision accepts the following forms of payment: Insurance Check, Cash, or Credit or Debit Cards. We do not accept personal checks.
DO YOU PROVIDE A RENTAL CAR WHILE MY VEHICLE IS BEING REPAIRED?
Lee’s Collision does not directly provide a rental car service, but many insurance policies include a rental car in their coverage. We’ll help you book a rental car when you drop off your vehicle.
DO YOU WORK WITH ANY CAR RENTAL COMPANIES?
We partner with Enterprise Rental Car in Loganville, and we’ll help you book a rental car when you drop off your vehicle.
WILL YOU PROVIDE A RIDE HOME OR TO WORK AFTER I DROP OFF MY VEHICLE?
Yes, if you are local, we will happily give you a ride to your home or work after you drop off your vehicle.
DO YOU DO ANYTHING THAT IS "ENVIRONMENT FRIENDLY"?
Lee’s Collision has been using waterborne paints for over ten years in order to be as environmentally conscious as possible.
DO YOU HAVE ANY CERTIFICATION/AFFILIATIONS?
Lee’s Collision Center is I-CAR Gold Glass Certfied, ASE Certified, and are a PPG Certified First Shop.